What is konjac?
Konjac is a plant of the genus Araceae. It is native to warm subtropical to tropical eastern Asia, Japan, China, south Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam. History shows that konjac is used in China since at least 2000 years ago.
The plant was first introduced in Korea by Buddhist monks in the 6th century, and in short time earns his reputation as "exceptional plant". In Japan konjac is used in the 10th century as a prestigious gift to noblemen and samurai.
The biggest tubers can reach up to 10kg. Its flower appears after 3-5 years and it has a spectacular red burgundy purple colour. The plant has a tuberous rhizome that may weigh up to 3-4 kg.
Nowadays, Konjac flour is a basic ingredient in the healthy Asiatic diets, particularly used as gelling agent.
Konjac is grown in Indonesia and Japan as vegetable. Known as Devil Tongue, traditional Asian practitioners use konjac to treat cancer and diabetes.
In South Korea, the tubers are used as potatoes or to make soups. In Japan, to make patties, dry cakes and noodles.
- Konjac has a very low glycemic index and contains an exceptional amount of soluble fibre glucomannan.
- Konjac swells after absorbing a large amount of food. Konjac swells in the stomach after the water in konjac creates a sense of fullness, naturally one will no longer want to eat.
- Konjac medicinal ingredients can clear a deposition of fat and cholesterol in the cardiovascular region.
- Konjac is rich in dietary fibre, which facilitates bowel movement,
- Long-term consumption of konjac products are not only conducive to obesity, but also advantageous to treatment of constipation, high cholesterol and helpful in preventing stomach and colon cancer.
- Perfect slimming partner.
- Catharsis: it can be used as detoxifying laxative.
- Clean stomach.
- Disease prevention: low down cholesterol, blood fat, blood sugar. Prevention of arteriosclerosis and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Anti-diabetes: The anti-diabetic plant konjac fibre has been medically proven to increase blood insulin, lower blood sugar, prevent and treat diabetes.
konjac capsules contain 100% organic konjac. Our konjac tablets contain a very small amount of a tableting aid which helps in the manufacturing of the tablets to ensure uniformity.
4 to 6 konjac caps per day accompanied by a full glass of water. For a most effective use; it is advised to take them about 45 minutes before meals.
Please, do not exceed the recommended intake
- Excipients free outstanding product.
- 100 % active.
- Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Please, keep away from light or moisture.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Please consult your physician before taking part in a supplementation protocol. This is a nutritional supplement not medicine or drugs.
Consult your physician before taking if pregnant or breastfeeding or suffer from known medical conditions. If taking anti-conceptive pill, please read carefully instructions. Konjac may cause side effects in some people. If an adverse reaction occurs discontinue use.
All properties listed on this site are not intended to be taken for therapeutic indications, as defined by the French and European regulations.