Shantimat - Flower of life, acupressure mat: The perfect answer to relaxation!
This mat is based on a known meditation tradition originating from the fakirs (Middle Eastern/South Asian Monks) where they lie down over a bed of nails for certain health benefits, such as back pain relief.
The Shantimat is an acupressure mat which you can lie upon and gain the same advantages as you would using traditional acupuncture. This method of relaxation can help relieve back/neck pain and aid in meditation and stress release.
The principle of acupressure is simple: The foam mat covered with cotton sacking is embedded with hard plastic discs containing protruding spikes. Lying down on the Shantimat will trigger 3 fundamental effects
- The release of endorphins; the body's natural opiates, designed to relieve stress and enhance pleasure.
- The release of tension of the back muscles, both upper and lower muscle groups.
- The stimulation of blood circulation and maintaining blood pressure at normal levels
The acupressure mat is painless yet stimulating
Depending on how sensitive you feel in the beginning, you can start using this mat with a cloth or a fine fabric between your skin and the plastic disks.
Once your skin adapts to the pressure after several sessions you can remove the cloth and relax directly on the Flower of Life mat Shantimat.
Each use becomes more pleasant. This is due to the release of endorphins creating pleasure and wellbeing increasing blood circulation and the benefits of acupressure. The duration of each completely up to you. No more expensive appointments for acupuncture, you can use the shantimat at a time of your choosing between 15 to 45 minutes at a time.
The Shantimat is suitable for everyone, especially people with lumbago, low back pain or sciatica. However the Shantimat will help anyone who just wants to relax, meditate, and focus e.t.c. and also works well as a natural pain relief stimulant.
The use of Shantimat is really simple and there is no danger or risk involved.
Its use is really practical and the mat can be easily transported and placed on a sofa, bed or directly on the floor. Whichever is more convenient for you !
Composition of the Shantimat mat
- Pillowcase in natural linen fibre with a Velcro strap.
- Padding: high density foam
- 206 plastic pieces HIPS with spikes fixed with high temperature on the mat. No chemical adhesive have been used.
- All parts are detachable.
- The linen pillowcase is washable in washing machine and/or with hot water and soap, the cover is also machine washable.
Note: This mat is not recommend to pregnant women, people with cardiac problems and to people with psoriasis and haemophilia. Thrombosis, phlebitis, Epilepsy, haemophilia (during treatment), bad Skin irritation, Anticoagulants (During treatment) In case of any other severe illness, consult your doctor before use.